Originally Posted by Ducksanddogs
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Originally Posted by Ducksanddogs
Why would you expect an organization whose mission is to keep public access to public lands to help with an elk feeding project? It’s not their mission so why are they held accountable if they don’t?

Is RMEF doing anything to help with landlocked public land? Did DU do anything to increase access to the wetlands they preserve? Slapping BHA for not helping with species specific events is somewhat foolish as it has nothing to do with their mission.

Additionally, I’d be willing to bet that BHA members helped out in those events wearing an RMEF hat or some other organization’s hat.

I’m pretty sure that a non-profit organization has to show proof that they’re spending money on their mission as stated when filing for nonprofit status. Unfortunately, for BHA, that means supporting people and organizations that are for protecting public land. They have a lot to lose by supporting people who are opposed to public land and, therefore, do what they do. It’s all about aligning with the mission at the end of the day. Pretty simple.

Go ahead and pile on, I’m not supporting them or accusing them of anything. Just simply pointing out why they act the way they act. I couldn’t really care less. I do think it’s funny how many people are willing to badmouth another group of hunters and anglers because their views are lightly opposed. Just like every vote for someone besides Trump is a vote for a democrat, every comment against ANY hunting organization is a comment supporting the antis.

do think it’s funny how many people are willing to badmouth another group of hunters and anglers because their views are lightly opposed.

I personally more than lightly oppose.

I do agree with you their mission isn't wildlife it is land access. Too bad they choose to go about it all wrong.

I bet they’ll get it figured out before too long. They didn’t really have a model to go off of, being essentially one of the first groups of their type.

Too Late For That, they are in bed with all the wrong people!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.