Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by TimberRunner

I will turn this around to its natural position. By not supporting meateater, you are not supporting the largest push for gun rights in this day and age.

I would not agree with that at all. I think he puts hunting in a positive light for many people who are on the fence and willing to listen to his message, but that doesn't equate to a large push for gun rights. Many in his audience would happily support an "assault weapons" ban and other "common sense gun laws."

I'll disagree 100% with this. I am in an industry with a lot of non hunters who have no interest in gun rights. These people universally are very interested in meateater though and through this conduit, see a reason for gun rights.

You and I understand that the 2A isn't about hunting, but they don't and never will. And meateater is a HUGE avenue to move these individuals to our side. Maybe most don't want to hold hands with those groups. I think that's a mistake, because they will overwhelm the rest of us, and are damn close to doing it already. We are a dying breed. We are going to need some who don't look like us or act like us to come to our side.

If y'all keep on driving stakes between those of us who agree on 98%, we will definitely be out voted.