Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Originally Posted by broomd
Originally Posted by smokepole
The haters will be along shortly to tell y'all you shouldn't be watching Rinella......

I guess "haters" would be me.
Rinella sold a huge (controlling) stake in Meateater to Liberal activist Peter Chernin. Gun hater extraordinaire.... that's not a conspiracy theory it's fact.
If that all seems like a contradiction in terms, it is.

Have you ever been through a PE buyout? Politics doesn't really enter the equation. It's about money. How are you going to take this buyout and grow it? Rumor is, it was over 8 figures.

Entrepreneurs are rewarded. If you build something people want, you should be rewarded.

It seems like the American dream to me. Build something, sell it, build some more and then the 2nd capitalization event, cash out. He's done well.

No, I haven't. I'm just an average Joe that looks at a situation and forms an opinion based on a man's actions.
I've seen Meateater and have always been unimpressed; but when I saw that Rinella sold out to Cernin I was disappointed.
Sure, money is the bottom line for many, but not for all of us. Some principles shouldn't be for sale.

I'm not trying to sound sanctimonious, I'm just tired of men compromising the important things for the almighty dollar.