Originally Posted by szihn
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there were 2,813,503 registered deaths in the United States in 2017.
So for his prediction to become true the death rate in the USA would have increase between 3-1/2% to 7%

That's a lot to be sure, so I am somewhat doubtful.

If we look at the deaths of Americans in any given year we find to no ones surprise, that the large majority are over the age of 65 and over 25% are over 80.
So if Kung-Flu infects a 85 year old woman who is in the decline of health the "news" will tell us all that she died from Covid19. Well.............that is certainly not helping her, but can we really say that's the killer? How about 85 years of wear on her old fragile body? Don't you think that may have had something to do with it too?

It can be said that most people who die have cloths on. Does that mean cloths are killing people? No, I think all would agree that while those 2 things do over lap, but are not connected.

How about any kind of failing health? If older folks die and they have anything wrong at all we can blame what was wrong for their death, but we need to ask how many people die in perfect health? Some do. They die in car crashes and from many things that can kill us, but for those dying in homes or at hospitals it's safe to say most are not "dying healthy". Those in the decline of life nearly all have chronic something. And the "news" want us all to believe Covid19 is the new mass killer of the age. So the only thing I KNOW for CERTAIN is that the mainstream media are CHRONIC LIARS and never tell the truth without any spin on the story ------------and I do mean NEVER!.

So because the body count grows (as it does every year, to the count of about 2,800,000 by the end of every year) it still doesn't mean 200,000 more will die from Kung-Flu. I am betting 90% of those numbers were dying and Kung Flu jumped on to their already compromised immune system.

So death from Covid19 must be reported in the way that breaks down the death tolls. How many died from Covid19 who were very healthy before they contracted the virus? That's the only number that truly matters to show how bad the disease actually is.

To hear the way the "news" seems to report this outbreak, if someone has Kung-Flu and is driving home, when he wipes out his car and falls off a bridge into rocks 100 feet below and explodes in flames only to have a pack of wolves attack him as he fights the flames off his body, and then a gang of Jihadies machine gun him---------- they will say he died of Covid19. They can prove he had the Kung-Flu and now he's dead, -------------------------------------so that fits the narrative they are pushing today.

I say don't be stupid and take it seriously enough to wash your hands as often as you can and don't touch your face even if you have to wear a bandanna to remind yourself. But to treat this as the end of the world and justify that mindset from what the media says is idiotic. We all have beliefs as to how bad it is or could be, but we all KNOW the media are outright liars.
That last fact is the one to measure everything else against.

They’ve been calculating mass shootings for years now using similar criteria.

Why change now?

Last edited by kroo88; 03/29/20.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord