Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by cooper57m
Living in NY, I'm watching the local news and they are turning Aquaduct Racetrack facilities into a temporary hospital. Dr.s and nurses are working around the clock. Retired Drs and medical students are being asked to pitch in. My son works for a medical college and many of the students are volunteering their time. My niece is a nurse who was working as a nursing teacher and was asked to help out at the hospital. My sister is making surgical masks. We have over 1,000 dead here in just the past 10 days. People, this is no joke. Even here I'm seeing people much too close and not observing distancing protocols. Also, this is not just killing the old with other medical conditions, otherwise healthy young people have died from it. This is NOT like the regular flu as this thing hits an area hard and all at once. The bodies pile up quickly and it takes resources away from people who might need assistance/care for other medical issues. If people don't take every measure to prevent getting infected, the numbers could easily reach the projected numbers. It's like what Dirty Harry said, "Do you feel lucky punk?"
Truly awful. Stay safe and be smart.

^^^This.^^^

I'm not a God bless kind of guy, but God bless you all.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty