The numbers are indeed inflated. It was a bold move to put extra $$ in the relief bill for hospitals dealing with COVID cases. As hospitals have cut all elective procedures and people are afraid to go there, they are losing their asses. Why would't you list COVID and try to close the income gap that has been created. I'm sure the pressure is from administrators and bean-counters to get the funding necessary to stay afloat.

Lot of graphs and numbers floating around, and none have been accurate. Even as the CDC numbers lag by eight weeks, the total number of deaths nationwide from all causes is down. I doubt the eight weeks worth of data will make a 4% jump in overall deaths. We are playing a shell game and just shuffling the numbers.

What has been accomplished:
A new protected class - healthcare workers
There will be COVID related health issues that make people government dependent - The news cycle is starting to push the underlying conditions that are the result of the disease. PTSD will be one of them.
We have successfully alienated one another and changed social contact - The mask is a muzzle.
The new push will be the open display of firearms inhibits the democratic process - news cycle has picked up the Michigan vote that was under duress.

Just watch as things are forced upon us and we sit as frogs in a pot.

And yes, I have had a family member with a verified case. In a nursing home even (you know, the death camps). Even with his underlying condition he has been recovered for some time as many of the residents have.

“Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.”
― Ernest Hemingway