Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
Originally Posted by lvmiker
It is mandated here for a business to remain open. I believe it is BS but the employees have no choice and I believe it is somewhat disrespectful to them to make a scene for no benefit. I only go out where there are other people once or twice a week and have learned that wearing a mask for 30 minutes is survivable. In a former career running around in a SCBA in the desert heat was a common practice that quickly eliminated the wimps.

mike r

When did we collectively decide that governments can tell private businesses what to do? When did we decide that governments should be in the business of mandating healthcare regulations? Do freedoms only matter when there are no fictitious threats to the population? Where did governing officials get the power to tell businesses and their customers how they must interact, if that interaction affects no third party?

And the real question: when are we collectively going to figure out that this arrangement is contrary to EVERYTHING the law and the nation stood for when it was founded, and that it only leads to greater and greater tyranny?

I agree, but I don't live a subsistence life style and don't really feel like fighting my way in to the grocery store. If you couldn't buy groceries w/out wearing a mask what would you do?

mike r

II don't think this thing will stop anywhere short of a completely controlled society managed from the top down by guys like Bill Gates, and everything will be controlled by an electronic currency. If they don't like you, they will just shut off your money.

My plan, within the next three years, is to produce 80% of the perishables my family and I consume, and to separate myself as far as possible from the ill herd that has become humanity. When the sickest die off, maybe we will have a better chance of reorganizing into a better society.

Honestly, I don't know what else to do, as the collective will has been directed at accepting whatever nonsense is thrown at it. We talk about a lot of this stuff on here, and though I have nearly no fear of superbugs or mutating viruses, I have much concern of the rapid destruction of everything I value about this society due to people not questioning the various narratives they are given. It's a short slope from "mandatory masks", to "mandatory gun confiscation", to "mandatory abolition of private property", to "mandatory sterilization", to "mandatory suicide". The end result is whatever the twisted minds of the people running things can come up with.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.