Originally Posted by Oldman3
Had to go to town this morning for a few things. One reason was to go to O'Reilly's Auto Parts to buy oil and filter for my truck, and pick up brake rotors and pads that I had ordered. I called this morning and they were at the store. Walked in and the employee asked if I had a mask. I told him 'No', so he informed me they had instructions from the manager, to ask anyone without a mask to leave. I told him I'd go, no problem, but I'll never dark the doors of an O'Reilly's again. Also told him to tell the manager that I wont be needing the brake rotors and pads that they had ordered for me.

He said, "Let me talk to the manager about your order". I guess the manager was in the back somewhere.

I told him, "Dont worry about it, they sell rotors and brakes at other parts houses. You got your rules and I'm gonna go by them. Have a good day."

Hadn't been out of the store 10 minutes, when the manager called me. Wanted to know if I wanted the rotors and brake pads. I told him that I needed rotors and pads, but I was not getting them from O'Reilly's, to have a good day, and I hung up.

Call me what you like!

Well by God the same thing happened to me at OReilly, sign on the door said masks are required per the Gov order. They asked if I had a mask and I said no, but I have a motorcycle helmet and the kid said cool, that will work and I don't want to get in trouble or fired.

The business is following the Gov's mandate, order or whatever the fk' it's called and I don't agree with it, it's not the employee and I decided I am not going to give them [bleep] about it because they have to deal with the stupid fk'n [bleep] too or probably lose a needed job.

I can see walking out and spending the money elsewhere, like Amazon, but if the other part stores in town are doing the same what do you gain?

I forgot a mask when I went to HEB yesterday when I got to the door, no sweat, I swiped a couple of tags off the lawn furniture they sell and had a mask in two minutes. Laughed my a$$ off too. Most people had no clue, the others that did had that WTF look in their eyes.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Dave