Originally Posted by jeffbird

Yes, I understand Leupold has surpassed the Mark IV line that is not the discussion, not sure why that is part of the discussion. I also happen to know a few good men issued Leupold scopes in the Army through the years, not USMC, and not one has been issued a new manufacture Mark IV is about the last ten years, though in fairness most of my friends are aged out of deploying anymore except for one who likely is the oldest in the SF Reserves. (I'm not SF, not high speed anything, just a guy chatting on a hunting forum.) The last one I know personally issued a new out of the box Mark IV did not work well enough to even zero his rifle, that was 10+ years ago. I gave him a Nightforce off my back up rifle to replace the Leupold issued to him a week before deployment. If you are telling me that someone is still being issued a brand new out of the box Mark IV today, I'll take your word for it as my friends are aged out of deploying now, but their CO needs his or her hands slammed in their metal desk drawer so they cannot approve any more orders for anything. The Mark IV sucked 20 years ago and has long been surpassed. fwiw - I knew more than few who replaced issued Leupolds with Nightforces or an S&B for one out of their own pocket. I also have personally watched as parents of modest means put down a credit card to buy a Nightforce to replace a Leupold issued to their son. I could share more stories, but will save them for another time. Carry on.

That's lot of word salad when I gently exposed you being totally wrong/incorrect calling out Judman.

The LOLs are kewl and your trying to appeal to heartstrings is notable if very cringey.

Bottom line you called Judamn wrong when he was so right.

Buck up Buttercup and admit you are miles behind the curve where the Big Boys play. grin

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.