I'm sure we all have favorite local spots and should support them that are arguably "the best". I can name a few around the country too that are fantastic.

To answer the question about Best National Chain, I always end up comparing everything to Ruth's Chris so that is my answer.

In Jacksonville, we have 2 Ruth's, counting the store at PVB. Anyway, both have been managed very well. The store in town has been one of the top performing Ruth's and lives up to its reputation. The menu is classic chophouse and I cant remember being let down by a meal at that location. I have entertained customers, friends, and family there many times and believe in that store.

A close 2nd is Capital Grill. Food is great. Their menu can be a touch (just a bit) more complex than Ruth's. I'm not knocking it; I just happen to like Ruth's straight forward concept slightly more. Both are close to a pick 'em but Ruth's has the location in our town.

Del Frisco's is awesome but I haven't been in them near as much as Ruth's. I cant remember a bad meal so have nothing but good things to say about them. If we had one in town, I would hit it up more but my experiences have been out of town.

3 Forks is good, just hasnt overly impressed me.

Smith and Wollensky has been good. I end up getting seafood there more, thus why I rate it behind Ruth's, Capital, and Del Friscos. Good and I like it, especially the downtown store in Boston.

Morton's has been hit and miss with me. We had one for 10 years or so and it had good food but the atmosphere was off compared to Ruth's and Captial. We just got Morton's back about 2 years ago and it's doing better in a new location.