Scared of dry aged, about $70- $80 bucks around here. What if it rocks my world? What to do for an encore?

I've been to 3 or 4 steak places that at one time were rated in the top 10 in the US. Florida, Colorado & Ohio. Just their basic strip, med. rare. Their names escape me now, The Buckhorn Exchange in Denver was good, but not over the top. They were once rated high, but rarely make the top 10 or 20 theses days.

I've paid a hundred bucks for what was supposed to be Kobe, but later found out that true Kobe is available in only 11 restaurants in the entire US. Not enough to go to all those places claiming so. They've pretty much stopped the claims, it's Wagu, good, but not that good.

I didn't bring up Texas de Brazil as I see it different. I call it a meat house. Their steak is good, as well as many other cuts. But it's not my idea of a sit down steak dinner with a specialty like my preferred NYS.

When I go out to eat, it's not likely steak. I've continuously worked on my own home cooked steaks for years & I'd go broke visiting a restaurant that happened to suit me better.