I see Outback mentioned and I have to say a couple of the worst steaks I ever had were at Outback and a couple of the best I've had were at the same place... I guess that is the problem with Outback, just can't get a consistent meal there and the service is about the same...

We have a steak place in Portland that everyone raves about by the name of Ringside... for the life of me, I don't know what people are raving about... the couple times I've eaten there, it was so dark inside you literally had to light a match to read the menus. And the steaks I had there you could barely cut with a steak knife- or at least their version of a worn out old hacksaw blade they called a steak knife... salad sucked and they only had one choice of salad dressing that seemed like a mix of Thousand Island, French, and Blue cheese that all got mixed up in a five gallon bucket.... the only remarkable thing about that place was how bad it was and I'm not shy about sharing that information with people asking me for recommendations...

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.