The best steak I have had was at a place in San Antonio in 1968 I ate at while TDY in the army for a few days. I don't remember the name of the place but it was a good steak. I ate at Ruth Chris in Salt Lake 14 years ago with my supervisor and remember him asking if they had any healthy food there. The waiter puffed his chest out and stated "We do not serve health food at Ruth Chris." I have eaten at several Outback"s. They were pretty good steaks but the first time I ate at one of them was in Anchorage and the steak was horrible. The last time I ate there was in Cupertino across the street from Apple and it was also horrible. All of the ones in between were decent. The absolute worst steak I have eaten was in the mess hall at the 50th Engineers at West Point in 1968. But that is the only mess hall that ever served steak while I was in the army.

I used to buy a New York strip roast from Costco or Smart and Final and age it in the fridge up to it's expiration date and them cut it into steaks and freeze them. That made for some good tender steaks. I haven't eaten beef in a couple of years as my freezer is full of good elk steaks now.