Two or three sit downs today to read thru the thread I started this morning....

It felt kinda nice this morning, seeing a Large Bull Elk, within 50 to 75 yds of my living room window , watching over his herd...
Just standing there, kinda like Mr Hollywood...We see a lot of wild life right here in my wooded neighborhood, plenty of deer, turkey, Canadian Geese, coyotes zipping thru.... surrounded by mountains....only real traffic rush hour we have is I 5 passing thru....decent place to call home...
just sharing a moment with the campfire...

Then in less than one page, the thread heads to the Outhouse...

27 pages of my place is better than your place, my state is better than your state...

your state is full of communists, mine isn't....

Face it folks, what place is governmental wonderful? There isn't a darn state that doesn't have democRATS... and no matter where they are, democRATS are still RATS, period...

Taxes everywhere...no matter where that might be... the entire nation is overload on welfare abuses.... Thanks to Lyndon Johnson, and His Great Society, created almost 60 years ago....by the democRATS....

We've had our borders open and the nation flooded for 50 plus years with every third world schmuck and his rug rat kids, the leftists can get in here, strictly in pursuit of more votes for the democRATic Party.... their shenanigans go on and on and on...with NO end in sight...

We are still fortunate enough to live in one of the most beautiful nations on the planet and have the freedom and income to go visit them all.
No matter where you go you can find wonderful things to see and things to do.... and where ever you go, you can also see things that make you sick....The first one Thank God For.... the second, Thank the DemocRATS for that....

There is really no place in this nation, I haven't been to at least once...and most of it I've been to a lot of times in my lifetime...

Grew up as a military dependent....so I have lived a number of different places... Virginia is my home state, and always consider it to be so..
Family roots are there and over into West Virginia... I was born in Bluefield WVa....

I live in Oregon, because I tend to have to have mountains and wide open spaces....I thought I'd found heaven when I was stationed in Washington at Ft Lewis at the hospital there...After 15 years in Minnesota, I decided to leave that state after getting divorced and since the east coast was just getting more and more crowded, I came back to the West Coast...California was California, Western Washington was becoming California, so Oregon was what was left.... Portland hadn't swung as far left as it is now at the time...

I was going back on board with a Fortune 250 company I had been with before... had been in sales and was very good at it....being one of the top 100 guys in a company with 4,000 sales people......I had my choice of really where ever on the map of the entire USA I wanted to go with a job waiting for me... I picked Oregon.... California was California, Washington was becoming California...so there was Oregon...
I could of had a job in Portland, but I turned that down for a job 250 miles south of Portland.. covering a large rural area...Where my commutes were in some of the prettiest mountainous areas around....that was 1995 and I was 43 years old...

Yeah the area has grown.. and the entire nation has changed...Places are what you make of them....

have been in most of the country within my lifetime is a good thing, but is also a bad thing.... no where has improved... its just gotten more crowded and liberals have taken over more and more places...

Bristoe loves his Kentucky.... Kentucky is a wonderful state... plenty of good folks like anywhere... heck I am even at home in the poor parts of the state... I tend to see the good in what anywhere has to offer and just like everyone else, deal with the things that aren't so good...

That recent post of the Whitakers of West Virginia, made it look like southern WVa was terrible.. someone even posted that every one was like that in the entire state....Hell I even know pretty close to where that house and that family actually live...I've got a large amount of family in that area.. professional people, family that have a pretty good life and have done pretty darn well for themselves in life...One family that has not got it so good doesn't mean everyone else is like that....I've been by that house in Odd, WVa... my great grandparents are buried in Odd W.Va...
just up the road. in Flat Top WVa, s where one side of the family hold an annual "Reunion"....they even have a farm that serves just that purpose.. that family Reunion has made the Guinness World Book of records like 6 times since 1990 as either the largest family reunion in the USA or the entire world....https://www.lillyreunion.org/..

Ya know, as crazy guy who hasn't been here anywhere near as long as I have been, is Jack Mountain.....I never miss reading ANY of his posts..
He's a Virginia boy thru and thru....he and I think a lot alike... its like we grew up on the same street.... but we are both products of the same education system, and environments.... yeah where I graduated High School, that Virginia is long gone...Fairfax County, right outside of DC...
Hell when I graduated High School, on Friday night football games, we all stood up for the National Anthem... and without missing a beat the band upped the tempo and broke into Dixie.. we all stood up and cheered... even the visiting team did the same thing....out in front of ALL the Schools in the County back then ( 17 high schools county wide), there were three flag poles... the Highest Flew the American Flag, the Next tallest flew the BattleFlag of the Army of Northern Virginia.. what most others call the Confederate Flag.. and the third flag flew the Virginia State Flag.....Now Fairfax County is the Third richest county in the entire country....Arlington the second richest and Loudon as the richest.. I remember farms in Arlington County still as a kid....I recall a huge area of cow pasture, down the hill from my aunts apartment.. we went down the dirt road and played in the cow pasture.. a treat was jumping on the backs of the cows....That now is the Tyson Corner area...According to reading on wikipedia about that area... that cow pasture area of my child hood, is the most expensive real estate in the entire country now...
How times change....

Every where ya go, things have changed in our life time.. there are good things and bad things where ever ya go.... but judging others or where they live, or how well off they are or aren't.... well that is something you'd expect out of a liberal...they live a life time with their head up their asses.....

I've been part of the campfire since 2004....In my travels I have met a bunch of campfire members and even been a guest in many of their homes, from West Coast to East Coast, from north to south on both coasts and a lot of places in between....Never met a bad one, and instead probably some of the best folks I've ever met anywhere... because we both have always greeted each other, with an open mind and an open heart it feels like... If we all acted that way toward each other we meet in real life, and approach the world with the same attitude, the world might not seem as bad as we daily think it is...Guess I try to go thru life looking at the good in things instead of the bad....I certainly find a lot of good..

So I don't care what state you live in, and whether city or country, there is good and bad... look at the good and try to help out the not so good..

My door is always open, if I am at home... with a meal on the table and friendship for any campfire member.. ( with the exception of a few trolls we are overwhelmed with...)....

So lets quit acting like DemocRATs and making everything a pissing contest...We all live in a nation full of good things, and we all live in a nation full of bad things.... you live in whichever one you think you live in...If your mind gravitates to bad things, you'll find it.. if it gravitates to good things you'll find that....your choice...

only real plans I have, is when its my time and I pass away... I want to be cremated and my ashes taken to the Light House Park at Cape Blanco Oregon....it overlooks the Pacific from three sides... the wind normally is coming in at 50 to 70 mph....I want my ashes spread there... and with a 70 mile an hour wind, they will be spread quickly... I want my spirit to live there...Isolated and the most western most point in the Continental USA....I guess the old "Go West Young Man" has always been in my blood.. thats the end of the road...Sun wind rain, mountains, forests, animals, birds, the ocean and not a lot of people anywhere... Sounds good to the soul dwelling within me...

That or if I die back east in Va or WVa, cremated and have my ashes spread over Comers Cemetery in Monroe County WVa...
Great view of 60 mile long Peters Mountain... wind swept hill top.. and resting place of my Grandparents and my brother who died at 16
years old back in 1970.. along with a bunch of other people I'm related to...

Off my soap box, so Good Night folks.. time to go back to bed....think I can get back to sleep now...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez