I
It's just that for the better part of 20 years I heard PA guys gripe about how good it used to be and how bad it was now. A lot of fellows I knew and some of them on here just gave up on PA

I have over 60 years of PA hunting behind me, through lean times and good times for deer. Can't recall a season when some weren't bawling about a lack of deer, or the Game Commission? Not much has changed in either of those categories.

My opinion, these are the best times I can recall for hunting deer. Many areas I hunted decades ago that held few deer, are now much better in that regard. Nicer bucks and more of them, than at any time in my experiences. Are there still areas with few deer? Yep. Many suburban areas now hold more deer, than I once saw hunting in rural north central PA 40 years ago.

There are no easy solutions for those unhappy with their deer hunting opportunities, other than going where the deer are? Got lucky over the years. Deer eventually came to where I wanted to hunt, no longer an issue with "no deer".The past 20 years have become my "good old days", sorry if that hasn't worked out for everyone.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.