I may have incorrectly inferred that you said that archery hunting was having a negative impact on how many deer there are. Sorry.

But, you are clearly biased against crossbows, without any personal experience using one. Having used recurves, compounds, and crossbows myself, I can say that shooting them is easier, but the skill the skill required to get into position for a shot is the same, and that can’t be “bought”, anymore than buying a long-range rifle setup makes one a sniper.

I don’t think archers get preferential treatment, but they do benefit from the fact that archery hunting has far less impact on game populations that rifle hunting, and that means that longer seasons can be allowed, maximizing hunting opportunities (and license sales). The seasons were the same long before archery of any sort was popular, so the decision of when to open rifle hunting is likely a game management decision, right or wrong, not a gift to bowhunters. VA opens their ML season, essentially just two more weeks of rifle season, at the beginning of November with no ill effects, so PA could as well I think.

If you want first crack at all the bucks, spend a few buck on a crossbow or compound, and get out there. I bought mine because I was seeing lots of deer while squirrel hunting, and damn few during rifle or ML deer season. Now I have a chance to hunt deer while their movements are natural, not after they’ve been shuffled all over by hunters, and while the weather is good. The opportunity is there for you if you want it, and you won’t need to tilt windmills trying to get the PGC to change how they manage things.

Or you can just piss and moan about how unfair it all is, which might just be your favorite “sport”.😜

What fresh Hell is this?