Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by skeen
I've never hunted Pennsylvania, but I did get my F150 serviced today. And just so happened to flip through a copy of Petersen's Hunting in the waiting room.

In an article was mentioned the 3 states with the most bucks harvested per square mile; Michigan, South Carolina AND Pennsylvania at 3.7, 3.6 and 3.3 respectively.

On the antlerless side, Pennsylvania hunters harvested 5.1 doe per square mile in 2018, second only to Delaware's 5.3. QDMA found that Pennsylvania hunters turned in the top overall harvest at 8.4 deer per square mile.

So, some folks, somewhere, are seein' & killin' deer in PA.

https://www.pennlive.com/life/2020/...-management-rank-among-other-states.html

PA also appears to have the highest number of whiney hunters per square mile. Bucks are getting bigger, seasons are getting longer, can now hunt weekends...."but damnit we don't like that either!!!"

+1!

We got 5 deer between my 2 kids and myself.

Daughter had about a total of 45 minutes into her season this year. She got her buck with a crossbow. It was the first day that she didn't have some kind of sporting activity after school and with about 30 minutes of shooting light left when I got home from work. She asked if we could go out back behind the house and I reluctantly said yes. We got into the double ladder stand and I handed the crossbow to her and reached into my pocket to get a face net. Right then she said, "there's a buck"! I looked up to see one walking a trail directly in front of us. I grunted to stop him but he started right back up. She asked, "how far". I said 40 yards and grunted again. Whack, she drilled him! That "hunt" lasted 3 minutes. Her doe was in rifle season. She didn't even go out until the last hour of the first Saturday. We got in the stand at about 4:00. At 4:15 I said to her, "we'll see deer in about 30 minutes". I was off by 1 minute. At 4:46 we had 5 walking single file at 110 yards out. She got on the last in line (and largest) and when it came through an opening she made a perfect heart shot with her new birthday model seven cdl 7mm-08.
4 of our deer were with 7mm-08's. 3 with 140 AB's and 1 with a 145 grandslam.