Originally Posted by battue
Odd that you have to make up what I didn't say to have anything to stand on.... Didn't say it had a negative effect, I did say crossbows are easier to use than regular bows or compound bows...I did say that the archery crew is given preferential treatment...I did say, why should they always get to hunt the rut? Why should they have a season that is essentially twice as long? More power to them, they pulled the strings to make it happen...I'm all for them...How about this year they get the rut and long season....next year the rifle guys get it...See what happens then.. Seem like you would be alright with putting a little more challenge into your bowhunting.

I did say the GC is all for the silent killers...from a PR standpoint.. And I will now say, their always getting the first chance, at the best Bucks has a negative effect on what is available to the rifle hunters....You are good with that....I'm not....

You can have your opinion and I have mine, but you will have more credibility if you don't make up what I said...I may be an old fart stuck in my ways, which is funny on a couple points.. I'm up there, put stuck in my ways? Not much......But I'll tell you this....I still can tell Bullshiit when I see it....

Got to go and get some ammo...see what you can make up while I'm gone... grin

I have said that since they started allowing crossbows for hunting.

While I don't have a problem with hunters using xbows in general: ABSOLUTELY NO SCOPES allowed. It's basically cheating. Open sights only.

I have never heard of anyone missing with a scoped crossbow.

Even though I archery hunt every year, I definitely agree that the PGC caters to the bowhunters.

Last edited by Mach3; 12/19/20.