In looking back over Tink's obit on PHC, the only think that I can't confirm from knowing Peter or other sources is his military service. Also, I was my recollection he dropped out of UVA without graduating. Maybe his draft number came up then, but he never mentioned that period to me.

The rest of it is spot on. Peter was as a rule a friendly and gregarious guy, with a d=good sense of humor. Back in the 1980s when SCI was smaller and still focused on hunting and not art and jewelry, the banter and English school boy insults and digs that he'd engage with the other African hands on the floor was indeed pleasant banter amongst friends. When SCI was at the MGM at Reno, there was a long bar adjacent to the gaming floor, so close you stand at the bar and lean over the rail and place bets. That was the meeting place - the water hole for all the PHs and close friends immediately following the 5p shutdown, especially on Thursday and Friday evenings. Peter would hold court there and the stories would fly. No doubt he collected material from just those evenings. Old Zambian hand Abie DuPlooy used to razz PHC as a "bloody bar tender", because he took a stint at Victoria Falls as a Food and Beverage manager at a hotel during one offseason. Even Abie admits "He tells a bloody good story. I have them all!"

Last edited by hatari; 04/01/21.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo