Originally Posted by DocRocket
Hey, let me take a stab at parsing your post down to what it actually says:

Originally Posted by 260Remguy

Somebody A guy [who I did not and do not know, but I'm pretty sure I remember this absolutely correctly and he was super honest even though he was using a fake name and I have no idea who he really was ] posted on this site [or maybe somewhere else] some years ago [I'm really not sure when] that he knew the PH that PHC cited in a story [and I don't know who the PH was or even the PH's name, nor the actual story in question] about culling cape buffalo and when asked about it [by who knows who], the PH [who I don't know and don't know his name] who was with PHC said that PHC took some liberties with it to make it a better story. IIRC [I admit that my recall is somewhat suspect, but please take my word for it that this stuff is Fecking Gospel] that PH also claimed that PHC borrowed adventures that other PHs had and claimed them as his own.

Yeah. "I know a guy who talked to a guy who said something about a different guy. Well, actually I don't know the guy, but I'm totally sure he's 100% honest, even though he wouldn't tell me his real name or any specifics about the story."

So. You repeated a bunch of unsubstantiated rumor and gossip, and in doing so you have slandered a dead man's reputation. A man who was known to people who come here for mutual edification. A man who has brought joy to millions of readers over the years. Without a shred of actual evidence. Just a fecking rumor.

You ought to be ashamed of yourself. But what the hell, this is the fecking innanet. Who cares, right?

I care. You are as despicable for posting that as a man who claims military service without having actually served (something you allege you care about). You owe everyone here an apology.

smile

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )