Originally Posted by hatari
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
You're free to believe what you want to believe, but so am I. Different perspectives generally lead to different beliefs.

Hatari, who claims to have known PHC ...

So maybe Toltecgriz will be along and tell the story about how a young and green PHC high centered a land rover taking clients out of his camp back in the day, or any of the others here that knew PHC as I did from SCI and corresponded with him. Or at least they “claim” they did. 😁

Since you asked...
Peter was a good camp companion and an amazing story teller. Most of the events related in "Death in the Long Grass" took place while he was hunting out of my camp (after some unfortunate events in his own area) or shortly thereafter. While the stories as written were good, one would not recognize them from having dinner with him (and others) every evening, not to mention having to intervene in some difficult situations in which he placed himself. I have nothing really bad to say about him. He was a writer looking for stories and he found them. We've had some good discussions about him, mainly some years back.

"Be sure you're right. Then go ahead." Fess Parker as Davy Crockett