Originally Posted by jorgeI
Gents, an update of PHC's military record, my friend who is pretty good at this stuff (he's a history buff and digs through all kinds of gov't records at such places like the National Archives, etc), has not yet been able to find his record. Ideally, besides a name and DOB, the person's SSN is the best way and we don't have that. Might take a bit longer, but we'll continue to try. As an aside, where exactly (in what book?) did PHC claim military service as a Green Beret? I remember something about ROTC at UVA but can't quite remember.

jorge1, i have all his books, and have scoured them for anything relating to Military service. the only thing i have found is in his book Maneaters, page 105 he alludes to some type of military service or at least deadly conflict. i always assumed it was in the Rhodesian Bush War. no where else have i come across him claiming service in any nations military.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~