jorgeI;
Morning again sir, thanks for the reply.

While I'm not an expert on much of anything, I'd suggest that you're not wrong about the state of the safari industry after Kenya and a couple other countries shut down hunting.

As I believe you know, we had friends of the family who lived in Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda and Zambia, so we kept a bit more updated on what was going on there than perhaps others might have. When we were taken out near the Rift Valley for a quick weekend hunt in late 1975 it left a lasting impression on me for sure.

One other thing that occurred to me in typing this response is that in the early '80's there was no .416 Rigby brass and even projectile choice was much slimmer. The .470 ammo one saw was ancient Kynoch as I recall it. When the safari industry kicked into gear enough that Federal loaded .470, it was something of note - or I thought so at the time anyways.

All that to say the "African" arms trade with all it entailed certainly benefited from PHC books too. I know my shooting mentor made a .416 Rigby because of reading African hunting books including PHC and he never ever mentioned a desire to hunt there, but did end up building that "stopper" at least in part because of the books.

Have a good week sir.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"