Originally Posted by saddlegun
I would humbly suggest that rather than be distracted and deflected by the "noise" of all of the angry and bigoted replies to the original post, that you actually read the original post again, and then think about it.

The statistics are not opinions, or conjecture. They are what is known.

Those who wish to deny them remind me of holocaust deniers.

Simply angry and hate-filled racists with an agenda who wish to distract you and replace the truth with their own narrative.

saddlegun;
Afternoon sir, I hope the day's as warm and bright where you're at as it is here.

If the intent of your post and subsequent replies was not to use inflammatory and divisive language, then in my former professional opinion you missed the mark sir.

If however, you intended to use personal attacks on folks you know next to nothing about, then you hit it squarely.

My fellow Canuck friends here are reasonably known quantities. In this thread alone we've received the bona fides of Jordan and 673 regarding their background on the very subject at hand.

In a former life much of my job task was communicating effectively to various government, enforcement and medical agencies, so that real world experience has shown me that words matter and shouldn't be used lightly or flippantly.

While you've asked us not to assassinate the messenger, meaning you, I'd suggest that perhaps if you were less accusatory with your statements, folks wouldn't be drawing and aiming at you quite as often.

Anyways, these are just a few thoughts on the matter and nothing more.

I am curious though as to your chosen moniker as to whether you're a horseman or were? If so, in Alberta or elsewhere?

Folks who know me - including quite a few here like Jordan and 673 to name them once more, know that I spent more than a quarter century on a branding crew, used to chase cows in the mountains on weekends for the same rancher and as well we had our own horses for 15 years using them for hunting, cattle work and mountain riding.

This is me about 15 years back - more or less by the lack of a grey beard - but anyways I used a few different saddle guns myself back when.

[Linked Image]

As with all things in life, the thoughts I present are only worth what time they take to read and nothing more.

Best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"