Originally Posted by 673
Firstly, the two levels of Government, Provincial/Federal, and media have been preparing for a full on information campaign aimed at Canadians, in particular citizens of BC, it is now on. Everybody will find out all about it shortly, sadly, many will get screwed, including Native people....I know I am right.

On the residential schools, those are not "Christians".
Lets be careful not to be led by our hearts before we make a judgement on the information provided, because.....we don't know the condition of the children who died, perhaps they had health issue's before they were in the schools. Perhaps they had no families to return the bodies too, or maybe nobody cared about them. Lets also remember, not all people in authority were murdering pedophiles, and some of them loved the children.

Sadly, my family (Metis) were two generations in residential schools here in Canada, my mother, and her mother's generation, all of them.
I can safely say the institution destroyed them and the next generations (mine) have had to deal with some of the "stuff" that comes with it, like others, I keep that to myself and frankly have only the last few days revealed some of the stories to my sons.
I am not "wimpy" but find myself weeping openly, like now. What really gets me going is I see people who were once great
reduced to what can best be described as...broken.

I don't think it right to hold Canadians responsible, nor do I think their "right's and privileges" be infringed, but I am afraid that is what Canada will do next, book it.

Then I think there is a lesson here that go's over everyone's head.....we need to know and prevent this from happening to any people of any race on our soil again. We need to move on now, we need to forgive, but not forget.

I know that if Canada tries it again on any race of people, then I and others will fix bayonet's.

This works for me. I agree.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]