Originally Posted by saddlegun
It is very interesting, don't you think, that this select small group of commenters cares absolutely nothing about the abuses perpetrated on these children, or about their horrendous death rates while incarcerated at these residential schools.

What it really seems to boil down to with them is that this is something that some Canadians who are left wing care deeply about, so it must therefore be something that they must be vehemently opposed to.

Such political diametric opposition seems automatic with them. If the left says that the sky is blue, they will insist that it is green.

The thing is that they comprise a small minority of hard cynical people. The majority of Canadians, left or right, are very much disgusted and appalled by the recent discovery of this burial ground.

So I guess that few people really care what this small but determined group, on this relatively small and insignificant forum, actually think.

Certainly I have not seen their opinions expressed about this anywhere else.

I'm not sure what you mean. I'm sorry I'm not appalled or surprised, I don't need the discovery of bodies buried, stories of abuse etc to be appalled, I fully expect in every institution of similar nature to yield the same results, whether they are native schools or other.
Hugh already pointed out other institutions with similar stories of abuse, I fully believe those people too.

Perhaps you confuse someone who is de-sensitized, with someone who is uncaring. You can expect Canadians to grow weary of the constant guilt, blame, or the responsibility of these crimes to be passed around like the political football that it has become. Two wrongs does not make a right, the Harper government already apologized, reparations were made. Clearly, its not satisfactory, nor will it ever be. I truly feel sorry for any native youth who's mentor is struggling with their own bondage.

Since we are here I would suggest.....that every native person who has been affected (like myself) to give some thought to the response of their respective communities ie...why didn't the people arm themselves and machine gun these institutions and those responsible? Just a short time before these events occurred, Canada's native people had no issue's with moseying over and slaughtering another group of native people. In my view, it is a legitimate reason for the use of force to intervene and rescue these children, but they didn't.

My family told me..... that the RCMP were fully aware of the abuse that took place, they did FA.