Great Trudeau now has a distraction for the uneducated masses to cover his party's major screw up and incompetence during the past year of Covid . Just like the BLM joke last year. How many decades has the Canadian govt covered this up?

Bingo. I'll take first hand on the ground experience over an idiot's cut and paste news articles. look at the social justice idiots coming out of the woodwork. The same ones praising the government's criminal negligent response to Covid.

Originally Posted by Lorne
I did a substantial amount of work for FN in BC & Yukon in the 90's . Of necessity this involved INAC ( Indian An Northern Affairs Canada) . It would be very very difficult to imagine a more inefficient, bloated, non responsive department.

I remember thinking that INAC/government caused and amplified problems .

Having said that , these graveyards were no secret . A number of the people I did work with indicated where 'the children had been buried there ' to me , once they knew me a little better. The band office was the former residential school in this one particular case.

The timing of this 'discovery' has to do with politics at some level . So the disrespect continues .

Hugh is correct that 'orphans' were also put in these schools . A child hood friend of my father's , who was born out of wedlock, was placed in one in North Battleford. He was treated much the same , I got to know him quite well 10-15 years ago and carried scars (probably physical over and above mental) to his grave.

I do not have the solution BUT I despise the politicians making a political football out of this . Including Trudeau

Last edited by ribka; 06/03/21.