Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
I’ll bet you don’t even carrying home insurance…….or a spare tire (other than your mid section).

You’d likely laugh at anyone with a plug kit and 12V compressor.

The “hope for the best, prepare for the worst” crowd are all idiots in your eyes, right?

You’re cool, mathman. Smart too!

Originally Posted by mathman
Some would have us believe the 150 grain Sierra is inadequate for deer, let alone elk. Nevertheless my father killed many deer one shot each with that bullet on top of 52 grains of 4064 in his 30-06. A 700 ADL by the way.

Your logic is skewed a little because you are comparing having something vs nothing.

Perhaps it would be more comparable to use the analogy of the 12v compressor vs carrying a generator and 20 gal air compressor in the trunk of your car incase you get a flat. now if I had flat tires every day I might opt for the generator and big compressor. if it's a once every other year then the 12v is all I need. FYI if you're having flat tires all the time perhaps the problem lies elsewhere from what you are using to air them up wink
Same can be said for premium bullets, yeah they'll work great, but if you know your rifle and can use it well it's very rare you'll have to hinge the recovery of your quarry on the type of bullet you are using.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.