Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by MAC
There are a whole bunch of morons posting on this thread that don't know a damn thing about the USN or naval warfare. They should just go play in traffic and let the USN take care of business on the high seas.

Navy Chief (Ret.)

I'm not a moron. I'm not going to play in traffic. I am certainly going to let the navy run the navy, obviously.

My only point is I can't in any scenario see how this was not a major blunder.

Then let the Chief enlighten you. Noted hazards to navigation are charted and a sub is only going to operate in an area submerged if they have up to date charts. Given the location of this the best bet is China was doing something crazy. Perhaps China is building something or moved something into the area without notifying the International Maritime organizations as required. Or they may have been trailing one of our subs very closely. We used to do that with Russia. The sonar on a sub isn't very effective out the ass end because the cavitation of the screw churns the water so if they were right on out tail they are hard to detect. My money is on the tailing scenario.

Fools like you have watched too many movies and don't have a clue about operating on the ocean. Yet you're here flapping your gums which makes you a moron. Collisions at sea are not new and they aren't that rare. But in today's world things get news coverage when they didn't 20 years ago. Get it?

Now go play in traffic.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!