Originally Posted by fshaw
Submarines never bump or "ram" each other intentionally. Ever. Sea pressure is 44lbs/square inch/100 feet of depth. Much better to keep the green monster on the outside of the people tank. Surprised that anyone would even consider it a possibility.

Thank you. That has been my position all along.

So all we know is the sub hit "something".

Sorry you don't get the "used gun" vs safe queen analogy. I type too slow to explain it in detail.

I certainly understand it. This is the campfire. Insult is about the only response most here have.

Submarines also don't "warn" other submarines, or anyone else, of their position. remaining undetected is the foundation of every mission. Ping is the correct term, to ping is to be detected.

This makes very good sense. I never in any way suggested this happens. If you read the thread you will see I only mention it because others were talking about educating our adversary about our dominance. I brought it up to point out the ill logic of ramming.

An honest question Oldhat, You ever serve on active duty in theater?

I NEVER offered an expert opinion so it does not matter one iota. I made reasoned comments about others speculation.