Originally Posted by OldHat
Originally Posted by johnw
Originally Posted by LoadClear
Originally Posted by Huntz
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
Only thing I’m sure of is that the Captain’s career is over. I have friends I’m that community and the only thing they are saying is that the sub is a mess. Whatever they hit or got hit by it was a hard hit.

Maybe yes,maybe no.The XO of the last boat I was on dad was an Admiral.While docked in Key West for some reason he had the interlock on the torpedo tubes defeated in the forward torpedo room.He then had the inner door opened with the outer door open.Almost sank the boat at the dock.The episode was squelched.Still every one in New London managed to know.He was an idiot.Could have a relative of Slo Joe.

The peace time military is NOT a meritocracy.

Is your statment (or any of the other posts you made in this thread) base on experience? Or just some random bullchit you read somewhere?

Do you believe the peace time military is a meritocracy?

Oldhat,
Do you believe that the world is at peace?
Do you believe that the US Military is not in engagement with anyone, anywhere currently?

I like this kind of discussion. The US is at peace. We have no declared war with a peer foe.

So the gist of your reasoning is that a dangerous world, intense training, high risk missions and cat and mouse engagements on the high seas is equivalent to combat. I disagree. Do you really think WW2 vets would call what the current navy does war?

Do you believe the peace time military is a meritocracy?

Old Ass Hat,the only thing I believe is that you are an idiot and its too bad you mother was not woke and had used birth control.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience