Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
Originally Posted by Redneck
I bet they know full well what they hit but nobody's sayin'...

Which makes me think it wasn’t an uncharted sea mount ...
After talking to a friend I’d bet my paycheck it was a Chinese Sub...

Over the past five months at the gym I attend, I've become acquainted with a man who was a submariner for four years. We sit side-by-side at bicycles, pedaling away and talking. He's told me of some of his experiences while serving aboard the USS Wave, fast attack boat, and the USS Pulaski, a missile boat. Today I asked him what he thought might have happened?

He said he did not really know, but with the state of sonar technology on today's subs, he did not think they ran into some uncharted undesea mountain. He said they might have been playing "tag" with another country's sub and someone made a big mistake. "Just guessing," he said. He also told me that when he was on the Wave, they played some serioius "tag" with a Russian sub off the coast of Gibraltar for about five days, once. Said that was aome serious "fun."

FWIW.

L.W.

Google The USS Wave.

Dillon Buck, many thanks for that note of my mistake. I somehow got "wave" mixed up with "whale." I corrected it plus some spelling mistakes. . Sometimes I think I'm getting old in my old age. grin I'll try to be more alert next time I quote someone else. wink

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)