Originally Posted by PSE
Anyone who expects absolutes from medical professionals at a single point in time is unrealistic. We've never had a pandemic in modern times like this before, so of course their understanding and knowledge of this will evolve over time as you would expect.

Their knowledge and options have changed since this pandemic started but to say they don't know what they're doing because a year ago they were saying other things does not take into account that the knowledge base is growing and new things are being discovered constantly.

Most people would cut any field of science some slack over time but apparently there are folks who expect perfection right out of the gate on a situation that has never happened before. Totally unrealistic and certainly not fair.

Social media does not seem to have this problem.

There is no “ cutting of slack” when they openly deny or ignore basic immunology. They knew from the beginning, and I’m not speculating that they knew, that vaccine based immune response would be specific to one antigen( the s-antigen) and that natural immunity would be based on multiple antigens( 5+). This isn’t breaking news, they knew it from their college years. Nobody, anywhere that has this basic knowledge is surprised by the Study from Israel that shows natural immunity is much more effective at protecting from the delta variant because natural immunity has many ways to recognize the virus, vaccine based immunity only one.
I will give credit to the current vaccines that they do prevent people for the most part from getting seriously ill when they become infected. They do not stop the spread( vaccinated and unvaccinated people carry the same or nearly the same viral load and they obviously do not stop people from becoming infected. Requiring people to have a vaccine that does not stop the spread of a virus, which also does not prevent people from becoming ill is ridiculous. Limiting those people that have not had the vaccine from certain activities is also ridiculous, the only people effected is those individuals. And if you’re under retirement age and even moderately healthy your risk of serious health consequences from contracting Covid are so low as to approach zero in reality.
That’s the real world. And no, I don’t believe the government’s response in relation to public health is going well in Canada or the US. Mass populations have handed up their rights without resignation in order to escape a virus who’s effect will never actually be known because the data collected is beyond tainted.
Our need to be good citizens includes critical thinking, claiming ignorance because you “ just trust those experts” is intellectually lazy and reckless. And as I said before, embarrassing.

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi