Originally Posted by Hastings
yukon254: My wife and I had planned to add thousands of U.S. dollars to Canada this past August. Much to our disappointment we couldn't get in. So we caught a plane ride over Canada and spent the money in Alaska. Multiply that by many thousands and Canada has been hurt tremendously. All trying to keep out a relatively mild disease that is already in Canada. I know some rural Canadians and they seem like really good folks. I'm sure you have the same situation we do. People detached from our reality are running your country.

You are correct. Ive been in the outfitting industry my entire life. I have a lot of contacts and repeat clients. What you describe is happening at staggering rates. Now that hunting season here in the north is coming to a close, Im seeing dozens of FB posts of longtime clients who went to Alaska instead of spending their money in Canada. I dont blame them. It's a huge hassle and it could get very costly should you test positive on the return trip. Our clients have to test before boarding the plane in Vancouver. Should they test positive, they are required to spend 14-days in a hotel. Thats a huge risk in time and money. Now they are talking about booster shots because the first two start to wane after 6-months. Should they make the boosters mandatory, ( and I think its a certainty that they will) then its all over. Outfitters are talking about it, and they know any booster requirement will kill their business.

I dont understand the mentality that some exhibit in regards to the mandatory vaccine passports. We know for certain that the vaccines dont stop people from getting or spreading the virus, so why does it matter who takes it or doesnt?? Steve is vaccinated, Im not. Im no more of a danger to him than another vaccinated individual since that individual can still get covid and still spread covid. Actually some studies are showing vaccinated people can carry up to twice the viral load that unvaccinated people can. Its also important to remember that Asymptomatic people cant spread the virus.