Originally Posted by mitchellmountain

And no, I don’t believe the government’s response in relation to public health is going well in Canada or the US. Mass populations have handed up their rights without resignation in order to escape a virus who’s effect will never actually be known because the data collected is beyond tainted.

Our need to be good citizens includes critical thinking, claiming ignorance because you “ just trust those experts” is intellectually lazy and reckless. And as I said before, embarrassing.

As a Canadian, I see more anger by American citizens for their governments in the media.

I suspect that you do not trust any organization's statistics, but a higher percentage of Americans are dying of COVID than are dying here*. 743,000 deaths in a population of 333 million vs 28,000 in a population of 38 million. After 18 months, it suggests that we may be handling it better. I doubt that the Canadian reaction will reach the level of anger seen in the US.

I do not believe trusting credentialed individuals is "intellectually lazy and reckless". Canadians are paying attention, asking questions and we are making our own decisions. It appears that you expect us to react the same way here as in the US. We have a different business model, I suppose.

* https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]