A big issue here is that we are in uncharted waters and there is a hard push from governments and the scientists they finance to toe the party line on vaccines and no move whatsoever to require China to indemnify the rest of the world for the harm that most certainly was caused by their misdoings whether intentional or not. There is also a hard push from governments and the scientists they sponsor to discredit and even vilify the use of known inexpensive and proven safe drugs such as ivermectin and hydroxy. Drugs which by the way have been in use for decades by hundreds of MILLIONS of humans and are known harmless to humans absent a large overdose. The very worst thing that will happen with these drugs is that sometimes they do not work. There is a huge push to blacklist any scientist or doctor that steps out of line. If I were willing to believe that the powers that be have no nefarious motives (which I am not) they certainly are not willing to accept that their vaccines very well may be harmful if not deadly and they are not willing to allow cheap remedies a fair trial. I would think that even if they do believe in these vaccines they would welcome a large control group that is voluntarily accepting the risk of being unvaccinated. It seems they would concern themselves that these imperfect vaccines might do exactly what their own NIH PubMed.gov publication warned about in 2015 which is to spawn deadly variants as the virus works its way around the imperfect immunity. People who think and read and understand the evils of group think and herd mentality are right to be skeptical. This ain't the army and we haven't sworn to die for some commander.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."