Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
When you are losing an argument, resorting to person attack is the last ditch defense.

We have a number of posters in the Canada section and elsewhere who do this constantly. They are incapable of participating in a meaningful discussion. As a result, they toss out insults. It is an attention getter and a mark of immaturity.

Some posters have more than one identity here. Because few people pay attention to them, they are compelled to create other identities.

WRT Alberta, or any other jurisdiction, I trust the doctors and scientists there, not the conspiracy theorists and other unqualified individuals who think that the government or the medical community is out to kill everyone.

To those who believe that Alberta Health is lying, I suggest that you contact them directly and call them on their "incorrect information". You can report back here and post their response. I am sure that everyone would like to hear what they say.
---

I am hopeful that Alberta is on the mend. My SIL is waiting for surgery and COVID has caused delays.

Alberta reports 770 COVID-19 cases, gradual return of surgeries and procedures begins
CTV News Edmonton Staff

EDMONTON - Alberta reported 770 new cases of COVID-19 Thursday as pressure on the health care system starts to ease.

According to Alberta Health, the provincial positivity rate is approximately 6.5 per cent, after about 11,800 tests were completed. There are currently 10,434 active cases of COVID-19.

There 912 Albertans in hospital receiving treatment for COVID-19, including 201 in ICUs.

“We continue to see these numbers declining, but it's important to remember that this takes time and this trend could reverse quickly if we are not careful,” said Dr. Deena Hinshaw.

Across the province there are active alerts or outbreaks at 288 schools. Hinshaw said that at four of those schools, there were more than 10 cases of COVID-19 reported after individuals with COVID-19 while infectious attended.

Eight more deaths were reported Thursday, raising the provincial total to 3,014. The deaths ranged in age from people in their 30s to over 80.

More than 6.4 million vaccine doses have been administered as of Wednesday.

The rest here - https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/alberta-covid-19-update-on-thursday-afternoon-1.5632689

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]