Originally Posted by akasparky
Originally Posted by renegade50
Daddy who bought the pistol needs to face some accountability also for his basketcase little twerps actions.

Seen video today of the cops hauling arm loads of long guns out of dads house, he's already paying and the repercussions haven't even started.

Bet it'll be a long time if ever til he sees those guns again.

Guns are gone he’s lost his son to a life in prison and will probably get sued civilly. Unless there is a long paper trail showing that his son was nuts and a threat and that the father should have known it I’m not a fan of prosecuting the dad.
I can’t imagine that he saw this happening and left a gun where his son could get it anyway. Anything that opens up gun owners to prison time for exercising 2A unless absolute negligence is a slippery slope. My grandpa often kept a loaded .22 by the door for shooting pest of the front porch. That shouldn’t be a crime unless left around very young kids or someone a reasonable person should know is dangerous.

The guns could very well have been locked up in a safe with a key lock and the kid took his dads keys of off the counter for a couple minutes and got the gun.