Old School,

I would hate to list which on your list are heavy-jackets BTs right NOW, partly because Nosler (and a lot of other bullet manufacturers) continue to tweak specific bullets without making press announcements. (I know this because I've talked to many bullet-company guys, sometimes across campfires. From test-media and field results, have yet to be misled.)

There are apparently two major ways "Hunting" (big game) Ballistic Tips have been tweaked since they appeared around 1985: Heavier jackets, and harder lead alloys in the cores. (These are also the major ways manufacturers of other cup-and-cores tweak terminal performance.)

SomeBT's have also not been tweaked, at least very much. As an example, I always got great results from the 140 7mm, right from the get-go in the late 80s. Years later the late Chub Eastman, the Nosler writer contact for many years, told me that was one they never felt they had to tweak.

But can state with confidence that the 165, 168 and 180 .30s have the heavy jackets. Have also witnessed many excellent field results with the 6.5mm 120s shot from cartridges ranging from the 6.5 Creedmoor to 6.5-.280 AI.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck