Originally Posted by horse1
Originally Posted by OldSchool_BestSchool
Thanks Mule Deer for the reply.

Gonna do some load development with the 140gr BT's in my .270 WIN this winter yet. The 130gr BT's in my .270 end up with a little too much meat damage on deer and antelope.

140BT's aren't likely to solve what you dislike about 130's. I shot them from '89 through '03 @ 2850ish. I didn't ever have one fail to reach the vitals when I hit a rib or scapula, so in that respect, they held together well enough. I shot roughly 40 white-tailed deer with them over that timeframe. I lost lots of off-side shoulders due to bloodshot/exit-wounds.

Good to know about the 140 grainers. I can't say the 130gr BT's ever "failed" as everything was DRT. Maybe I'll use the cheaper 140 BT's as a proxy for 140gr AB (Accubond) development in .270...... this has worked in 30-06 where the .308 caliber ballistic coefficients (BC's) are the same between BT's and AB's ....but the BC's aren't identical between the .277 BT's and AB's so who knows.

Funny thing is .... for decades the Interlocks, Hot Cores, and Grand Slams worked fine ..... but after I retired I discovered the interwebs were sayin' there's a better mousetrap out there. LOL