From 1954 though almost the mid 70's I used the Sierra Pro-hunter 150 gr. bullet in my 30-06 and during the latter portion the .308 Win. Guess I read too much Jack O'Connor and the bullets always worked just fine on deer. A few years into the 80's I bought a Ruger m77 RSI and the only bullet it wold shoot with at least hunting accuracy was the 165 gr. Speer Hot Core. The load has proven accurate in every .308 I've used.

I've come to the conclusion that although I really like the 7x57, the cartridge is a jinx, at least for me. I'll pass on the details other than two lost deer and a car wreck that damn near killed me, and yes the 7x57 was involved.

When I finally was able to afford a guided elk hunt I went with the .35 Whelen. Bullets tried were the 225 gr. Nosler Ballistic tip (I still have a partial box and the tips are light tan) the 225 gr. Accubond, the 225 gr. Partition and the 225 gr. TSX. The TSX won out and so far I've taken six elk with that bullet and one with the 165 gr. Accubond that was my back up rifle. The scope on my Whelen had turned toes up. Nice one shot kill. Bullets on elk not recovered.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE