Originally Posted by buffybr
New Zealanders consider Wallabies as vermin. Here's the results of one night when I helped a NZ sheep farmer rid his farm of a few Wallabies. I used a bolt action .223 Rem.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

A well known Montana hunter and former poster on this Forum used his .220 Swift on many big game animals. Here's one of our friends with a fine bull elk that he shot a few years ago with his .22-250, which was his favorite big game rifle for more than the 40 years that I knew him. We lost him last week, and this was one of the pictures his wife put in the announcement of his service.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Sorry for the loss of your friend - but this is proof that it's always been about the rifleman, not the rifle. I recently learned of the passing of someone I had not seen in a while and between his 22 Mag, 45 ACP (military issue) and 7mm Mag., he truly believed there was nothing he could not hit and no critter he could not dispatch. And the kicker, it didn't matter which critter or which gun - a gopher with the 7 Mag, a buffalo with the 22 Mag or a quail with the 45 - he was that confident with either piece.