Hi Digital Dan,

Not an elephant but Bella Twin took a big grizzly bear in 1953 with a .22 Long shooting Whiz-bang brand ammo so it should count. See this website for the story- https://www.ammoland.com/2017/06/be...d-record-grizzly-and-more/#axzz7IpiwroKZ

I knew an old cowboy who lived south of Rawlins, WY when I was a kid who kept himself in "government beef" (aka elk) with a single shot .22 long rifle. I guess he preferred a more powerful gun. I have read that the Inuit use .17 HMRs to kill bull walrus that weigh 3500 pounds on the flipper. My deceased hunting buddy used his M-16 to kill an Asian water buffalo that had been crippled by artillery fire. Gary was the only farm boy in the patrol that knew where to place the 55 grain bullet to put the critter out of it's misery. The others that had tried hit the horn bosses with little effect. His old friend gave him a beat up old .25-20 Marlin that had been used to kill "truck loads" of deer back in SD. It was the farm's "Big Gun".
Plus I have seen the photos of the skulls of pigs you have taken with your .22 CBs.

I think it was the malignant troll from POW that posted "If you can shoot everything works an if you can't nothing does." I can't argue with that. I guess if I was smart I would go list all of my big guns on Gunbroker right now before everybody comes to that conclusion!

Not big game, but my last coyote of the fur season - 40 grain Vmax from a .223.

Attached Images
coyote.JPG (16.32 KB, 379 downloads)