Had a good drive home from work today. Started by shooting a coyote that was eating a on a pig carcass Out in a hayfield. He piled off in an abandoned gyp quarry when he saw me coming but I circled around and caught him out on the ice. One 55 Speer from about 150 yards had him spinning and biting, the second one through the shoulders settled him. No pics as he was out on about 1” of ice on the frozen quarry pond.

Went on toward the house and decided I’d make a quick walk up to a patch of switchgrass next to some milo stubble that I knew some pigs had been using to stay out of the north wind. Sure enough as soon as I got to the edge of the half acre of 4’ high grass I see a dark black object on the south side of the berm the fence is built on. A quick look with the bino showed it to be a big pig and he was just getting up out of his bed of grass he’d cut down and piled up. When he stood I gave him a 69gr RMR through the center of the shoulder and he folded in his tracks.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Entry. No exit and I wasn’t going diving for it at 19deg and in a stinking boar hog. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
After I took his picture and split him open I headed back the half mile to the truck. As I topped the hill I saw a familiar shape out in the Bermuda grass and the glass showed it to be a coyote. I crawled up behind some weeds in the fence line and grabbed my CritRcall. Didn’t take long and I had 3 coyotes right in my lap. I shot the first one at about 25 yards and rolled him and then switched to his pards. One of them was a big brindle colored one and I really wanted him but he ran straight towards a house that sits behind the hill so I held off.

A pretty good trip home from work anyway.