The other thing I never worried about is how heavy my 12 gauge was. My A5 is just over 7 lbs unloaded, with a 26" barrel and Kicks choke. My Remington 870 SPS wasn't any bigger than a 20g version. Yeah, back in the day my Remington SP10 was a bear to carry. But I used that not out of necessity, but just becasue I wanted to. Gun weight with modern alloy receivered guns is, IMO, a non-issue for the vast majority of hunters.

As far as having "more money in some calls than a few boxes of TSS loads," just understand you don't blow through calls each season like you do ammo. I've still got my very first Lynch box call from the late 70s, and still use it. I don't still have the very first round I ever killed a turkey with. Call cost versus ammo cost: it's a false dichotomy.

TSS shows some ballistic advantages. No question. I agree with that. But TSS will never help me scout better, set up better, or call better. If I do those things well, I don't need more range or more lethality. Lead is perfectly adequate if you can bring a turkey in to a reasonable range. If you can't, maybe TSS is compensation for a differnt deficiency.

Last edited by 10Glocks; 01/07/22.