Have one friend who recently sold his new Toy, the big model, forgot, don't care what it's called. Third tranny in 25000 miles was all he wanted. Wife's friend sold her 1 yr old pathfinder after they couldn't get the horrible shimmy (vibration) out of the front end after being in the shop numerous times. A co-worker, 260,000 miles on his tucoma and never a stutter. I have around 230,000 miles on two dodge cummins that I use the piss out of. Only put a lift pump on one at 120,000 miles.
Do I think Toyota makes bad vehicles, absolutely not! They make great vehicles. Do chevy, dodge, ford make good vehicles? Sure, although some models better than others, same with Toyota and Nissan, etc, etc. All I'm saying is you can get a lemon no matter what brand you buy. I wouldn't judge Toyota off of one bad experience. Although I see plenty of people who do with other brands, ALaskaCub?
Does brand loyalty exist? Hell yes, Alaskacub and myself are two prime examples!

Where are you a firefighter Alaskacub? I work a medium size city here. Seven stations, all paid, about 10,000 calls a year.

Bill