Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Originally Posted by dogzapper
But even the most hard-core Toyota truck fan's got to admit it's probably a little embarrassing to have the competition hauling you around by your johnson trailer hitch.

Give em time, Steve, give em time..... I still support GM as the Silverado is also assembled in Indiana. Last survey truck we bought was a 2500 crew cab, got over 100,000 miles on it in 3 years and still doing ok.

Actually, my bad on the Ford recall of the tires. Let's talk about my buddy down in Atlanta who lost his friggin house because the ignition switch in his Expedition, which was parked in his garage, started a fire that burned his house down. Luckily, neither he nor his family was in the house at the time. Still, to lose everything you have, every stitch of clothing, because ANY manufacturer hasn't yet issued a recall on faulty equipment and/or workmanship, is just wrong in my book.

Those fires were/are the result of a defective brake pressure switch for the cruise control and Ford's assinine wiring setup. The switch is "hot at all times" and brake fluid leakage through the switch contacts could start a fire, even with the vehicle turned off. Pleasant thought, that your garaged Ford could take you & your house out without any warning in the middle of the night.................

There is now an active recall, got a recall notice a few weeks ago for my loaner vehicle, a '94 Grand Marquis. Nice of Ford to step to the plate so promptly crazy......................

badger

To anger a conservative, lie to him. To annoy a liberal, tell him the truth.

Promoted to Turdlike status 03/17/12