Originally Posted by Early Riser
I like both Toyota and Chevy trucks. If I want a cushy ride or have a few guys going up to the cabin we load up the 2004 LT suburban. If I am alone or with one other person going hunting or fishing I choose the 2002 Tundra. It is more fun to drive. The 4.7 engine is crisp and responsive, and becoming known as one of the most reliable and low wearing production V8 engines ever made. The Chev 5.3 is no slouch and is smooth, but feels less responsive. I like some of the standard options on the suburban. So far the Chev has had more problems like a front bearing seal going, running lights burning out prematurely, temp control unit going out, leather on armrest cracking, intermittent failure of the temp/direction indicator, and the power stearing pump going out. The tundra has been flawless and is perfect for hauling around the hunting and ice fishing equipment. I don't do any heavy hauling or towing so both trucks have plenty of power for my needs.

I get the feel that the Toyota will last longer and continue run as good as it did day one, while the the Chev will slowly deteriorate, but never strand me and keep on working until I get sick of putting money into it.

When we traded our 2001 Suburban for the 2004 a few features were absent like the engine comparment light and locking gas cover.

Bottom line for me is that I am satisfied with both trucks for my uses, and the fact is all the major truck brands are likely to be pretty good compared to my long retired 81 Suburban and 84 K-5 Blazer.

YES to all of the above.

And the LBZ Duramax absolutely frickin' ROCKS!!!

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397