Originally Posted by Middlefork_Miner
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Serious inquiry.

I'm not really much of a "foody". Of course, I like good eats as much as the next guy. But most of the time I just eat to fuel up.

So, with grocery prices going through the roof, I've been wondering what I can eat that will keep me well fed with a fairly balanced diet that won't break the bank.

I'd like to hear some suggestions. Cheap protein and nutritious vegetables, especially.

Peanut butter and jelly or tuna sandwich for lunch… if you need more, microwave one of the “Cup of Noodles” to go with it…I like the “Korean bbq” flavor. Burritos are cheap and easy… lots of good recipes on line…. One of my favorite meals although a little more expensive is Rice a Roni “Spanish Rice” or “Mexican” with sliced and sautéed onions and jalapeño’s and chopped and stewed canned tomatoes with a can of green beans along with a pound of burger…. First I brown the burger and set it aside then sauté the jalapeños and onions and set aside …start cooking the rice a roni according to directions then add the rest before you put the lid on to let it simmer… you might also want to add tomato paste for a thicker sauce….

Good ideas.