Originally Posted by BC30cal
Geno;
Good evening to you my cyber friend, I hope you're doing as fine as that soup looks!

My goodness that's a good looking photo, I can almost taste it. cool

As you and others have mentioned, making soup from a bird carcass, ham bones, etc is a great way to extend the use of that food.

Pearled and pot barley are another thing we pick up at Bulk Barn and I love it in the wonderful soups my wife makes.

While I'm trying to expand my cooking, I'm more of a venison roast and potatoes or sausages and perogies cook, though again I am learning to stretch my repertoire a bit.

When I took up ice fishing we've found that we both don't mind perch tacos for instance and next week I'm attempting some fish patties using mashed potatoes, egg and white fleshed fish which again will be perch.

Not that on any balance sheet it'd pay the diesel for me to drive to the mountain lake where I go ice fishing or anything close, but it does keep me more or less sane and out of trouble.

Again I'll say it's been a grand thread with a lot of thoughtful input - kudos one and all for that - it's nice to see. grin

All the best to you all down in your part of the planet sir.

Dwayne

Dwayne, where are you getting perch in your parts? My favourite freshwater fish (along with walleye). I am so looking forward to retiring and moving to the interior.